Interoperability and scalability
The history and success of the mobile industry is built on the application of common standards, underpinned by a commitment to interoperability from multiple network operators and equipment suppliers.
Similarly, we will need to create interoperable and scalable mHealth solutions that have buy-in from governments, payers, patients and healthcare providers, to accelerate global deployment of localised products and services.
In-depth investigation of mHealth technical and regulatory guidelines can be found in the Resources section, including the following:
- GSMA Medical Device Regulation: mHealth Policy and Position
- GSMA Understanding Medical Device Regulation for mHealth Report
- GSMA Connected Mobile Health Devices: A Reference Architecture
- A High Level Reference Architecture for Mobile Health report
- Policy and regulation for innovation in mobile health
- The Potential for NFC Usage in Healthcare
- The SIM: The Key to Better Healthcare?